Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DIY Framed Silk Scarf

As I was trying to come up with some "art" to fill the gallery in my office, I was looking to repurpose some things I already have and love. I ran across a silk scarf I owned and thought it would look gorgeous matted and framed to hang on the wall. Here's how it turned out! 




This particular scarf is square, and despite how pretty it is, it never got used as it was awkward to wear. I simply wrapped it around cardboard the same size as the frame and taped it to the back. I then just layered in the mat and frame. This particular frame works where the glass pops out the front and just snaps back into place, so it was perfect for this project.



The perfect thing about this project is I am always running across gorgeous vintage silk scarfs at thrift stores. There are so many unique ones out there that would look gorgeous framed. I'd love to find some others to hang in other parts of my house. 

What about you? Have you framed anything unexpected to use as art in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment