Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chippendale Chair Chair Score!

Has there ever been a thrifted/vintage item you just had to have? I'm talking stalk Craigslist every day, frequent goodwill and thrift stores, and show up early for every estate sale? This is how I felt about Chippendale Chairs. 





















After diligently stalking for 4 months, I FINALLY saw them waiting for me at a weekend estate sale. I dragged my mom and partner in thrifting out of the house at 6 am to make sure we would be first in line, and after scaring some other people off (no, but really) I scored! 


Four of these came home with me and are currently undergoing a makeover for my dining room. I can't wait to share the finished product. I am planning to spray them glossy white and am still debating the upholstery - teal velvetBlack and white stripes? Solid black vinyl? We'll see :)



I also snapped up two of these, though I can't say I needed them. Perhaps they will become side chairs in my living room. They remind me a little bit of the Italia Chairs from Horchow.

I'm so happy to finally have these home and in the garage for some paint and upholstery. I'd love to hear your holy grail thrift item! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks graceful and fresh!
    Chippendale Chair Chair Score This is excellent!
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete