Monday, September 30, 2013

Thrifty Weekend

Though I haven't shared much here, thrifting is one of my favorite things to do. Estate sales, Goodwill, Yard sales, I love them all. However, probably my favorite source for vintage and unique finds is the flea market. We are lucky that we have it once a month here in Nashville, and this weekend was the perfect weather for it! 


One of the first things I spotted was this gorgeous vintage typewriter. I thought it would look great to style a shelf in an office space. 




In the spirit of the season, I was also loving these fabric pumpkins. How gorgeous is that green velvet? I smell a DIY project! 



There is no shortage of burlap sacks at our flea market, but I loved the unique colors of this one. I think it'd look fantastic framed for a kitchen or even covering bar stools. In fact, I am kind of regretting not scooping it up! If it is still there next month, it'll definitely be mine! 




Vintage Christmas ornament heaven! I actually took some of these home, though I wish I could have taken the whole box!




How unique is this coffee table? The seller uses old piano keys in coffee tables and tops with glass. 




Something about this sofa just spoke to me. The shape is fantastic, and I can just see it in a boutique with bright throw pillows on it. 




Here are some of the vintage ornaments I took home with me, along with a Mercury Glass tree. Is it Christmas yet?! 


I love ginger jars and peacocks, so the find on the right was an easy choice. I also scooped up a large blue Ball jar. 


I also walked away with this gorgeous landscape on canvas. Only $8?! I couldn't pay the man fast enough. The canvas is a bit beat up, but once I got it home in a matted frame, it looks fantastic. 



Do you like going to flea markets? Have you found any gems lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment