Wednesday, September 11, 2013

{DIY} Fall Coffee Filter Wreath




Today I whipped up a cute little fall project. The coffee filter wreath has been done all over blog land, and for good reason - it's very simple to do and very inexpensive. In fact, mine was actually free as I had the supplies on hand already. 

Using Lil Luna's tutorial, I started by making my wreath. This was a very simple process - just keep on gluing those filters! Mine looked a little strange when I first started and to be honest I couldn't "see it", but by the time I was finished it came together beautifully. 

Once the wreath was complete, I set to making it themed for Fall. I started by printing out a dictionary page of small text with a vintage theme. I love The Graphics Fairy for these types of projects. Once that was printed, I stuck it back in my printer, typed up the word Fall in my word processing program, and printed it back on top of the dictionary page. 


After that, I simply cut out my letters in a pennant triangle shape and glued on top of scrap fabric left over from my headboard, cut slightly larger than the letters. I then glued the back to twine to make it into a banner and placed over my wreath. A mini pumpkin cut off a floral pic and it was ready! 


I am pinning tons of fabulous Fall inspiration on my Pinterest page, would love for you to check it out and get inspired! Have you made any seasonal projects so far this year? 

1 comment:

  1. Connected Design is an ambitious venture between CT Lab Global Media and IFA that brings together Home Technology Professionals, Architects, Builders, and Interior Designers with the goal of highlighting the latest in smart home technologies and sophisticated design.https://connecteddesign.com/

    ReplyDelete