Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jewelry Armoire Makeover

Ever had a piece in your house that was both a blessing and a curse? Something that's absolutely essential for your needs but is SO UGLY that you hide it away? Enter: my jewelry armoire. 



I got it as a gift from my mom quite a few years ago, and despite it's ugly appearance, I desperately need it for all of my treasured baubles. Until recently, it's been stowed away in my closet so that I don't have to look at it :) 

I didn't want to put any money into purchasing a new one as it's perfectly functional, but as my wardrobe has expanded my closet has gotten seemingly smaller and I needed to find the armoire a new home. There has always been an empty spot in my master bathroom between the closet and the shower, and so with a fresh coat of paint, I got this: 



This type of furniture has never been to my taste, but I love that when painted a vibrant color it almost looks....modern? 


And I think it ties in quite well with the shower curtain when styled. Also, the aged brass flower plaques tie in with pattern on the shower curtain as well as match the aged brass of the drawer pulls. 

Do you have any brightly colored furniture in your house?

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Nothing bright in my house yet but have a coral Valspar sample waiting to be used! Visiting from No Minimalist Here.

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks darling, love that you painted it a bright color and it does tie in with the shower curtain. I'm visiting from Open House Party!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, thank you for visiting! I love the shell art on your blog, it's going to be a regular read of mine! Can't wait to see what you do with the coral paint!

    Rondell, thank you for stopping by and commenting. I'm all about the brights! From the looks of your blog, you have quite the green thumb...I wish I possessed your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of yellow. So unexpected and fun. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I painted a small, ugly, cabinet shiny silver for my bathroom. I love the "pop" it gives my blue and white decor. Visiting from pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one it's cheap veneer I think anyway what did you do prime it first to get the paint to stick?? Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete