Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kelly Green Bookcase Makeover

After yesterday's post about the color Kelly Green used on furniture, I thought I'd show you the piece in my house I recently transformed using this color. This little bookcase serves as a console table in a corner in my living room. 

Here is the before:
Not terrible, but far from fabulous. I don't like the way I had it accessorized either, so giving it a fresh coat of paint inspired me to do a little bit of redecorating too. 

Here it is now!


(Don't worry, I swept underneath after this picture was taken :) 
Isn't it so fresh and springy? To be honest, I just took to this thing with some sandpaper and then two coats of spray paint. I spray paint furniture whenever I can, for two reasons: one, it's a whole lot faster and the coats seem smoother than when done with a brush, and two, because I change things so often I don't need a super durable lasts-forever finish. Though I haven't had a problem with furniture flaking that I've sprayed with spray paint. 

I used Rustoleum's Meadow Green in a Gloss finish:

I swear by this stuff. It's magic! 

So what do you think of the transformation? Better, no? 

1 comment: