Friday, June 10, 2011

Fabric Covered Cork Board

I recently completed a quick easy project for my bonus room crafting area. I wanted something to hold various invites, fabric samples, and mementos. A place for anything that inspires me! What better way than re-purposing something you already have? I took this beat up mirror...


And turned it into this lovely fabric cork board!


I followed the basic tutorial from 6th Street Design School.* It was as simple as busting out the mirror and taking out the wood backing, spray painting the frame, attaching cork tiles the wood backing (I did it using scotch tape!) and covering the whole thing in fabric. The fabric used in this project is Waverly Ellis Flamingo. Then you just pop it back into the frame and you have a great new place for tacking anything and everything. 

*Without the fabulous starburst mirror! Need!

Here it is above my craft desk!*


*See those fabulous teal lamps? I'll share those with you next week :)  

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a project-filled weekend! 

I'm joining Remodelaholic's Friday linky party!
Go check out all of the amazing inspiration!





1 comment: