Thursday, December 13, 2012

Back to the Blogging World - Easy Christmas Bow Shadow Box

Wow, it sure has been a long time since I've posted! Rest assured, my absence had nothing to do with projects not being done around here. I've had a ton going on I can't wait to share with you!

Today I thought I'd share a quick and simple Christmas project I recently completed. I am more than willing to tackle all projects, both big and small, but sometimes I just love the simplicity of keeping it short and sweet - especially when it turns out this darling! 



Items needed:

Shadow box
Cardstock, color of your choice
Petite Christmas Bows (I found a pack of 9 at the dollar store)

1. Open your shadow box and take out the insert it comes with. 
2. Trim your cardstock to size, using the frame insert as a template. 
3. Peel backing off bows and stick to cardstock, evenly spaced. 
4. Place cardstock back in shadow box and enjoy!

As you can see from the instructions, this project couldn't have been more simple to complete. Being as I already had the shadow box and cardstock, the project set me back about a $1. You could easily customize this to your decor with different color cardstock, mix and match bows, even painting the frame!

This would look adorable on a mantel or as part of a larger vignette in your home. The possibilities are endless! 

Here it is hanging on the wall in my home office. Warning: it may be hard to focus on the frame with such cute subjects in the foreground :)


What about you? Have you completed any quick and simple Christmas projects lately? I'd love to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment